SHOCKING STATISTICS ON THE STATE OF OUR MILITARY
What we have:
In 1990, the U.S. had a 546-ship Navy. Today we have 285 ships. China now has more ships in their Navy than the U.S.
In 1990, America had 76 Army brigades. Today we have 45.
Twenty years ago (in the 1990s), the Air Force had TWICE as many fighter squadrons and bombers as today.
What shape it’s in:
Most Navy ships and light attack vehicles were built 20 years ago. In the last 4 years, inspection failures for Navy ships have nearly tripled. 1 in 5 ships inspected are UNFIT for combat or severely degraded.
Bombers average 34 years in age. Our tankers are nearly 50 years old.
A majority of the Navy’s deployed aircraft are UNABLE to accomplish their assigned missions.
Over 1/3 of Active Army units do NOT have sufficient personnel to perform their missions.
What we don’t need:
$600 billion in defense budget cuts.
*From Congressman Randy Forbes (R-VA): http://forbes.house.gov/news/documentprint.aspx?DocumentID=254787
What has happened to the once formidable United States of America?
AMERICA IS NO LONGER THE MOST POWERFUL NATION ON EARTH
Putin's projection of power seems to have surpassed that of the U.S.
If you don't agree, consider the folllowing:
1) Putin is sheltering Edward Snowden, who did untold damage to U.S. national security, perhaps in the service of the FSB.
2) Putin has protected Assad's Syria and got Obama to follow his lead.
3) The U.S. "reset" its relations with Russia and agreed to unilateral disarmament. We haven't even tested a nuclear weapon in 22 years! Our stockpile is diminished, old and untested.
4) Russia has ensured that Iran will NOT give up its nuclear capabilities. China is on board with that as well.
5) A Russian spy shipped is now docked at a Havana port. (Cuba is 90 miles off the coast of Florida).
6) Russia invaded the Ukraine and just declared the existence of the "Autonomous Republic of Crimea." "Autonomous," my (anatomical part)!
7) There are allegations that Putin “fixed” the scores at the Sochi Olympics as a testament to his rule.
NOTE: With all of the budgetary cuts (and homosexual and feminist requirements) our military is extremely weak and operating with inadequate, aged equipment and weaponry. We now have sufficient troops to fight in only ONE war theater and lend support ONLY in a second war theater.
Sadly (IMNTBHO), America is over as a world power and it didn't have to happen.